All mastering services, whether for vinyl, CD or mp3, are processed through our ‘purest signal path’ chain of analogue and digital equipment, in our custom designed room created by our consultant engineer John Goldstraw (Metropolis, Air Studios), whose background covers more audio innovations over the last 35 years than we sadly have room to even begin to touch on here!
For the technically minded, the studio is run entirely on an isolated, conditioned & regulated power supply using a private earth connection to give us the cleanest possible power. This may sound unimportant, but clean power is one of the key factors in maintaining signal integrity.
We do not use any software processing plug-ins in the signal chain at all except for restoration & re-dithering purposes. Please see The Stardelta Way for more info on this subject we feel passionately about (not dither!)
All vinyl masters are optimised and cut to superior quality lacquers or dubplates from 24bit 96khz files wherever possible, unless cut from a CD master. For a nominal charge we can also master from most other formats when necessary, including DAT, ½ inch tape, Red Book CDR and others by special arrangement.
We also offer the option of transferring your mix files to ½ inch tape via our customized Ampex ATR100 tape machine, if you feel your project needs that extra analogue warmth from the sound that tape brings, a quality so often lacking in many ITB productions.
Thanks to our close relationships with a number of pressing plants, if required, we can help recommend the right company for the manufacture of your final product, be it vinyl or CD. It is crucial that, due to the degradation of lacquer discs from the moment they are cut, you have a pressing plant booked and ready to receive them as soon as we dispatch them with our courier. Please feel free to contact us for more details.
We offer a number of affordable packages at different price points, which can be found on our pricing, terms & conditions page.
If your project requires that extra professional touch we also offer premium stem mastering & mix services.
We have spared no time or expense in acquiring what we believe to be simply the best sounding combination of analogue and digital equipment available today. (We would like to own a Sontec EQ but feel that a lottery win is more likely!)
This list has been carefully chosen because we feel this important process deserves nothing less than the best.
- Neumann VMS 82 cutting lathe (converted to cut lacquers from DMM)
- Neumann Sal 74 B mod cutting system (Stardelta modified Electronics)
- Ampex ATR 102 half inch tape machine.
- Manley Slam Limiter (with digi IO option)
- Manley Vari mu compressor limiter
- Manley Massive passive tube EQ
- Cranesong STC 8/M Compressor limiter
- Maselec MTC 2 and MTC 6 Mastering console
- Maselec MDC 80 disc controller
- Maselec MEA 2 EQ
- Maselec MPl 2 Peak and HF limiter
- Maselec MLA 2 compressor
- TC M6000 MK2 Digital processor
- Weiss EQ 1 MK 2 Lin/Dyn digital EQ
- Waves L2 Hardware Digital limiter
- PMC MB2 (Custom spec) speakers
- Bryston 7B amps X2
- DK and Crookwood metering
- Prism AD8XR converters (X2)
- Sadie PCM 8 Workstations (X2)
- Various Hi end reference phono amps